Company Description We are a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15stores, 3 clubs, 4 lounges, 3 hotels and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us to build a brand that is passionate about delivering excellent services to our customers.
So, if you are looking for exciting opportunities for self and career growth; YOU are the TALENT we are looking for!
Job Position: Compensation & performance Mgmt. Specialist
Reports to: HR Manager
Grade Level: LEVEL 4
• Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring of a competitive compensation and rewards programme to attract top talents and retain valued employees in accordance with the organisation’s objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and define a fair, equitable and competitive compensation policy that aligns with overall strategy and business goals.
• Prepare the compensation and benefits budget and ensure regular monitoring to minimise variance.
• Develop/refine and implement (following approval) programmeto measure, improve, and reward employee performance.
• Develop specific pay plans and strategies as needed for targeted employee groups to compete with market conditions and trends, ensuring overall internal equity and consistency with company policies.
• Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation on employee remuneration.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of staff compensation details on the payroll system.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of salaries and benefits for all staff.
• Continuously monitor, evaluate and recommend improvements/revisions to compensation policies and processes in order to reflect current realities.
• Liaise with the Finance department and external tax consultants to design compensation structures that minimize tax exposures and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
• Liaise with Finance and IT to ensure prompt payment of exit benefits.
• Participate in salary and labour market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits.
• Proactively develop and obtain approval for welfare plans and activities that will improve staff working conditions and environments.
• Participate in the formulation and implementation of effective performance and career management strategies that would help sustain a performance driven culture and ensure appropriate balance between staff’s personal and organisational goals.
• Implement the competency framework system within the company and train Managers to carry out competency assessment, determine employee development needs and provide support.
• Support the development and implementation of the organization’s performance management policy and provide advice and recommendations to management and staff.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of core competencies, core values, and key performance measures needed to drive performance.
• Initiate the performance management process organization-wide, ensuring all staff are aware of responsibilities and deadlines.
• Conduct performance reviews with department managers and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results.
• Provide ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage performance and effect organisational change.
• Provide training to all levels of staff on performance management and systems.
• Proactively identify and address staff appraisal issues and/or conflicts, including post-appraisal appeals.
• Keep abreast with global and local best practices and continually identify new strategies/opportunities, with respect to compensation and performance management for the benefit of the organisation.
• Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports for the attention of the Unit Head.
Competency and Skills Requirements
• Making informed decisions based on data and statistics
• Solid understanding of compensation concepts, including job analysis, market pricing, and total rewards.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to successfully perform in-depth analyses. Must possess strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge about different options of compensation and ways to motivate people
• High level of dexterity in the use of relevant MS Office tools
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to tactfully deal with difficult people to gain buy-in and manage their expectations.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to respond to change.
• Good level of independence, objectivity and assertiveness.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively across all levels.
• Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Good conflict management and resolution skills.
• An inquiring mind set consistently seeking innovative ways to deliver without compromising quality.
• A first degree or its equivalent in any Humanities or social sciences discipline.
• Professional certification such as CIPM or any other recognized certification.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in similar position.
- Health plan
- 13th Month bonus
- Free Lunch
If you’re excited with our company’s vision and want to start the path of becoming one of our future leaders, we’d like to hear from you.