Requirements:The basic qualification required for being a successful field marketing representative is a bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or other related field in marketing. However, the employers looking for the candidate in the senior-level field marketing positions prefer one who has a master's degree / MBA. Along with this, if one plans to get engaged in a long term field marketing career, one should take up the additional course in advertising, marketing principles, communication studies, public relations, economics and finance.
Apart from the educational qualifications, one also needs to have certain relevant experience in the desired industry of marketing. Many colleges also offer marketing internships and on the job training in industry specific profile for fulfilling the candidates' dream career in the desired industry.
Also, for efficiently accomplishing the responsibilities of a field marketing representative, one also needs certain skills and abilities required in this profile. Skills essential for this profile comprise strong written and verbal communication skills, leadership and management skills, excellent organizational and time management skills, and strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Along with this, one should also demonstrate previous record in field marketing representation and must be self motivated and flexible in various tasking situations.
Responsibilities:- Informing the customers about various methods of advertisement, explaining them how ads will help their business, and persuading them to apply for outdoor advertisement
- Helping the customers in selecting best advertisement form for increasing their exposure and present their products and services in an effective manner, and providing them with detailed information on estimated cost and expenditure of advertising products / services
- Finding relevant lead about the potential clients, contacting them accordingly for offering advertising services for their business growth, extracting contracts from professional clients for advertising their products / services as per their budget and requirement, and collecting payments accordingly after the completion of advertisement work
- Obtaining specific information about the clients' needs regarding business expansion, problems affecting their sales, detailed information on products and services offered by them, specific business practices like discount offers, seasonal sales, etc., offered by them, previous advertising history, and other business practices followed for managing effective sales presentations and assistance accordingly
- Preparing sales presentation, advertisement programs, and product display details, delivering sales presentation to potential clients for selling advertisement programs, and generating leads by reference for increasing business exposure in the advertisement media
- Recommending appropriate medium of advertisement and size and format of advertising media to the customers, delivering advertising portfolio and illustration proofs to the customers for referral, processing all account information, paperwork, etc., for correspondence, and maintaining the assigned account base for developing new accounts accordingly
- Preparing various promotional plans for sales and marketing purpose, preparing various computerized presentation for advertisement literature, media kits, and sales contracts, and inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples
- Collaborating with the organization officials, sales department staff, and advertising agency for developing the promotional plans as per the clients' requirements, and informing them about the options available for advertisement of the same
- Identifying new market for advertisement business, developing new contacts for business expansion, attending sales meetings, advertisement conferences organized by ad agencies, industry trade shows, and training seminars for sharpening the advertisement skills and expanding the network of contacts in the business meetings accordingly
- Bidding with ad agencies for securing optimum business position, gathering all relevant material required for bidding process, and organizing commercial tapping sessions for accompanying the clients in these sessions
Benefits:Salary, Compensation plan, Bonuses and lots more