This role demands strong professional services, accounting and leadership experience, which can be embedded into the Financial Department of the firm. The FM will be responsible for managing the financial health of the firm, producing financial reports and developing finance related strategies in line with the business strategies of Miyetti Law. The FM will guide the senior executives of Miyetti Law in making sound business decisions in the short and long term and also be responsible for developing ways to improve profitability, and analysing markets for business opportunities.
General and Funds Management
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee the operations of the finance department, employees including finance officers and accountants
• Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
• Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
• Maintain banking relationships
• Assist in determining the firm’s proper capital structure
• Manage or contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
• Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the firm
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Present financial reports to Partners, management committee members, stakeholders and clients in formal meetings
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations, legislation and reporting standards.
• Manage the preparation of the firm's budget+
• Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
• Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
C. Financial Analysis
• Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the firm
• Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
• Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
• Interpret the firm's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
• Participate in target costing activities to create products that meets predetermined price goals
• Assist in the determination of service pricing in relation to services offered and competitor pricing
• Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
• Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
• Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
Job Attribute and Skills
• Strong financial reporting, analyses and forecasting skills
• Good presentation skills (financial reporting)
• Excellent communication and IT skills.
• Confident, organised and pragmatic team lead
• Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
• Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be able to think critically, present ideas and views clearly and with confidence to people at all levels, including partners and clients.
• Deep understanding of business and financial principles and practices
• Exceptional ability to confidently discuss financial matters with a diverse base of potential / existing clients. Proven ability to acquire new business. An innovative and productive approach to business development.
• Good team player with the ability to motivate staff
• Ability to formulate and manage a successful calling program in order to meet and exceed quarterly and annual targets.
• Ability to manage interpersonal conflicts within the work environment
• Articulate and well organized with a highly developed sense of priorities.
• Persuasive and credible among clients and colleagues. Adaptable, flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative. Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
• Demonstrable interest in local and international law, economics and politics
Key Performance Indicators:
• Timely submission of financial statements and reports (Days to close)
• Total Revenue per Finance Employee
• Timely remittance of tax returns, deductions etc
• Number of cost optimization initiatives introduced monthly
• Timely preparation of management accounts
• Number of audit findings
Experience and Qualifications required
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics or related fields.
• Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Accountant (ACCA/ACA) or Certified Management Accountant designations.
• MBA/Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus
• A suitable candidate should have extensive knowledge of relevant accounting and reporting standards.
• An established record of professional services and/or management consulting experience with focus on financial advisory is preferred.
• Good industry knowledge and strong network as well as experience in a professional services or law firm environment.
• Strong industry presence of 7 – 10 years of directly relevant experience in a business, finance-related position, including experience in a large law firm or professional services firm.
Important Safety Tips
1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Job Summary Responsible for day-to-day operations of Lekki retail store including sales, customer & staff interface, stock and resource management. Minimum...
Published a month ago
Job Summary A male applicant with the ability to drive the marketing department, write proposals, make presentation and promote the company’s brand adequately...
Published a month ago
Job Summary A fantastic opportunity to join a growing FMCG business on their journey to expansion. Romeo Pizza is a restaurant chain on a mission to become the...
Published a month ago
Job Summary A fantastic opportunity to join a growing FMCG business on their journey to expansion. Sweet Charlie’s Ice Cream is a restaurant chain on a mission...
Published a month ago