Company Description SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The team leader will steer a team of around 7 staff in Abuja and additional field staff. As this would be SNV’s first project in Nigeria, the project manager will also represent SNV in Nigeria and has limited additional responsibilities regarding SNV Nigeria profiling and development of new projects. The project will have a field office in Kaduna, and perhaps also expand to other states at a later phase. The initial phase of the project is for four years.
The team leader will report a SNV country director based in one of the neighboring countries.
The incumbent is responsible for leadership and coordination of program planning and management; coordination of programmatic themes; political analysis and will be in charge of the following:
- Execute overall project management;
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with regional governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage donor relations;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with donor;
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities and business development.
- Manage change processes related to market systems, supply chain and sector development, enabling environment, , development of Public-Private Partnerships, etc. in the horticulture and potato sectors.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in Business Administration, Agronomy, Agricultural Economy or related field;
- Minimum of10 years of progressive responsibility and work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects, preferably in Africa;
- Several years of experience with market development, value chain analysis and inclusive business;
- Solid experience in project management, fund management and budgeting, preferably at least 8 years of which at least three years in a difficult context.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society, donors and governments;
- Able to strategically inspire and energies project teams;
- Multidisciplinary profile to support the different specialists in the team;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is required (French is an advantage);
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
- Experience in horticulture, potato sector, nutrition sensitive agriculture, fragile economies, and seed sector will be an advantage.
Contract Duration: 1yearInternational Employment Contract, with strong possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: May2020
Duty Station:Abuja, Nigeria
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting yourCV that in Englishwith a cover letterbeforeApril19, 2020.
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -
Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded...
Published 13 days ago
Cedarcrest Hospitals is a modern specialist medical care center located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria.With an aim to provide high standard healthcare services...
Published 12 days ago
Job Position: Director, Business Development & Client Services (Group Head) Job Location: Lagos JOB OVERVIEW The Business Development Director is expected to...
From A Reputable Company - Lagos
Published 10 days ago
Since 1979, we have helped people grappling with the toughest hardships survive - and then thrive. That’s the heart of our approach: We help communities turn...
Published 9 days ago