Position: Senior IMO/Analyst Project Lead - iMMAP COVID Response (Nigeria), Maidiguri
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
• iMMAP program in Nigeria started late 2016 and was designed to support the response to the ongoing crisis in in the Northeast of the country, by strengthening the information management (IM) capacity of the responders within the different humanitarian sectors.
• The target beneficiaries of this program are the humanitarian partners (who are all sectors members) and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA] in its mandated inter-cluster coordination role.
Additionally, the IMO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness the distribution of materials.
The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
• The IMO will proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
• The IMO will identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
• The IMO will identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
• The IMO will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
• The IMO will adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
• The IMO will develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in country upon request.
• The IMO will facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management.
• The IMO will generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster specific trends.
• The IMO will support new and ongoing assessments.
• Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
• Manage, analyse, document data and information from INGOs interventions in North East Syria
• Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
• Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
• Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
• Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required
• Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in the area
• Mapping - specific
• The IMO will develop maps of 4Ws, sector resources, needs, Gaps per location;
• The IMO will maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets;
• The IMO will attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team and country director to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
• The IMO will participate in cluster meetings and/or the IM working group.
• The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other agencies, when required.
• National capacity building / Training - specific
• The IMO will mentor iMMAP national staff to build capacity to include but not be limited to:
• GIS and data management
• Geospatial analysis and data analysis
• The IMO will work to build a national staff trained to be able to fulfil the information management duties assigned to him/her, through guidance, training and technical support.
• The IMO will conduct iMMAP demonstrations and training sessions.
? ? ?
Cluster – specific
• The IMO will integrate cluster-related and partners’ data on the information system developed by iMMAP.
• The IMO will create and develop of custom reports and map layers requested by either the clusters or the implementing partners or country director.
• The IMO will advise on the design, developing and/or customisation of databases/dashboard from the reporting clusters or implementing partners or country director.
• The IMO will ensure that all support requirements of iMMAP and other organisations are
met in a timely and efficient manner.
• The IMO will maintain Contact directories of sector humanitarian partners.
• The IMO will create or maintain the who does What Where When (4W) database and derivative products, such as maps.
• The IMO will aggregate and maintain inter-country information for education sector partners including data needed for situation analysis, response monitoring reports and common Sector data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex.
• The IMO will identify needs and gaps for the sector.
• The IMO will support development of sector monitoring reporting (PMR, humanitarian dashboard, etc.) in consultation with the sector coordinator, partners and other key stakeholders.
• Health – specific
• The IMO will maintain updated databases on the health situation
• The IMO will prepare a monthly sitrep on the health situation of people in need related to the COVID-19 pandemic in North East Nigeria, including highlights in priority areas.
• Bachelors or master's degree in international development studies preferred but not required; as Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Information Management Sciences.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 4 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan programme close- out.
• Knowledge of programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge of national and regional dynamics specific to the country of operation ;
• Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in data collection, secondary data analysis and situational reporting.
• Experience in working in remote data collection contexts
• Knowledge if the humanitarian cluster system and the HNO and HRP processes
• Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks
• Knowledge of the DEEP platform is an asset
• Soft skills
• Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
• Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
• Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
• Ability to work based on objectives.
• Fluent in English.
• Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.and Google Suites.
• Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox and the DEEP platform is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Electronic PayPlus Limited is a foremost electronic payment company with years of experience in the industry. We are a card-based solutions provider primarily...
From Electronic Payplus Limited - Lagos
Published a month ago
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill...
From North East Regional Initiative (Neri) - Federal Capital Territory
Published a month ago
Ascentech Services Limited - Our client, a leading FMCG group, with head office in Lagos, is currently hiring an experienced and objective-driven candidate to...
From Ascentech Services Limited - Lagos
Published a month ago
Pruvia Integrated Limited - We are general service merchants with a strong desire to ensure customer satisfaction in the midst of efficient and effective...
From Pruvia Integrated Limited - Lagos
Published a month ago